The shapes and lines I drew thouroughly expressed and matched the music i chose to listen to. I feel as if the images we see in our heads go hand in hand with our musical choices. Whether those images are pictures, shapes, object, or even a person. The best way I felt to do this was to simply close my eyes for no distractions and see what my mind and hands come up with.
I listened to pop music and my box was not really filled. There were lots of circles and a couple of stars. I felt pretty happy and "bubbly" when listening so, I'm not too sure if they connected. My gospel box started with little lines, then gradually became larger lines. To me this related because that is how many Gospel songs form, very slow at first and "loud" at the end.
My rap box was totally different from all other boxes. It was filled to the maximum with lines everywhere! I found myself constantly drawing. Looked extremely more passionate than the other lines. Finally my R&B box was almost filled. It consisted of small lines and hearts. Very suttle and calm. Throughout this exercise I really feel like I connected with the music and images relate to not only music, but sound in general.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Shayla -- Why would you say your doodles "matched" the music? While everyone did have their own "take" on the music, it was interesting that there were similarities for students according to each song. Why do you think that is? What is the CONNECTION between our senses and the way we draw and write? How does our body inform visual representation?
ReplyDelete